I have a (literally) sweet treat for y’all today! The lovely Courtney and I switched blogs today, and she’s sharing a mouth watering no bake strawberry pie recipe here at Scissors and a Whisk! Be sure and head on over to her blog to check out my post about some light and fluffy donuts I made from scratch in honor of National Donut Day!! PLUS you should have over to her blog in general because she’s just a great bloggy friend of mine.
PS Random factoid of the day: my birthday is in TWO DAYS.
Hiiiiii!! I am Courtney from What’s Up with the Wilhelms and I am beyond thrilled to be guest posting for Sarah. After reading Sarah’s blog I quickly realized we have a lot in common (umm, hello we are both dog-mommy, teachers who married great guys named Matt, what more do we need to know). I knew that we were made to be friends. I feel so fortunate to have made such an amazing friendship through blogging. One day, Sarah and I will meet in person and drink some Moscato together. Right now it’s like we are old-school pen pals. Except Sarah and I text and FaceTime. Oh how technology changes things!
Anyway, today I am here to share an easy, summer recipe with you. Here in sunny, HOT, HOT, HOT, Arizona I avoid using my oven at all costs. When it is 110* outside I just cannot bring myself to add any more heat to my already toasty house. During the summer (really, May-September) I am a big fan of cooking outside on the grill; Sonoran Dogs are one of our favorite summertime grilling foods. However, I really miss baking. And summertime wouldn’t be summertime without a couple pies. To compromise during these scorching days, I turn to a lot of no bake desserts. I shared a couple of my favorites here and here. Today I am sharing with you a delicious No Bake Strawberry Pie. This pie screams summer to me; its light, airy, and filled with strawberries.
No Bake Strawberry Pie
1 package (9 rectangles, 18 squares) of chocolate graham crackers
1/3 cup chocolate baking chips
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 6 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons strawberry jam
1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
1. Place the chocolate graham crackers in a food processor, and mix until finely ground.
2. Place the chocolate baking chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds.
3. Add the melted chocolate and oil into the food process and mix until combined.
4. Spray 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
5. Gently press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the sprayed pie pan.
6. Place pie crust in freezer for 15 minutes.
7. While pie crust is freezing, wash, hull, and quarter strawberries. Place in medium bowl.
8. Put strawberry jam in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
9. Combine jam and strawberries. Mix together.
10. Beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
11. Fold in whipped topping.
12. Place cream cheese and whipped topping mixture into the pie pan.
13. Pour berry and jam mixture over the pie.
14. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
(Printable Recipe Here)
Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me and letting me share this yummy recipe with you. I’d love for you to stop by my blog and say hi!